On July 2nd, Jerry Todd met Parks & Rec staff led by Supervisor Frank Hinojosa to install a 1” Magnation unit. The site was selected as their “worst case scenario” of very clayey soil.
- We attempted to take core samples and found the City’s nor my coring tools could penetrate the clayey soil. We finally got one core in a moist area near a leak.
- Root depth – approx. 2”
- We were able to turn over sod to check the turf from under the surface.
- They selected the landscaped traffic circle for the area to test.
- Comparable site is across the driveway, but fed from another line.
- The unit was installed in the valve box for visibility and easy access.
- I received a signed receipt for the unit and copied Department Head Darin Budak with the quoted price.
We’ll monitor the site weekly through 9/2 and keep you updated as the test progresses!